12.23.2004

21 - Tegan and Sara - So Jealous

I've never liked the Indigo Girls. Even back in the early-mid 80s when my sister came home from UGA with a basement tape (remember when we used to call them that?) of this local band called the Indigo Girls whom she loved... So when I heard someone refer to Tegan and Sara as an indie Indigo Girls I was turned off. But, since I have Rhapsody, I gave them a listen anyway and my mind was changed pretty quickly. Seems the fact there are two girls who sing harmonies and are lesbian is about all they have in common with the IGs... thank goodness. There songs are sharp, witty, and their wrapping harmonies with catchy guitar riffs are pretty hot. Album stays solid throughout. Plus, my wife really likes them which is always a nice bonus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment