1.05.2005

10 - Tift Merritt - Tambourine

Ok, I am embarrassed to admit it... but I am going to be strong and just come out with it. Here goes. Iamatiftmerrittfanandiliveinraleighandihaveneverseenherlive. Horrible, isn't it? Makes me nauseous. Luckily the problem will be remedied February 19th when my wife and I catch her show at the Cat's Cradle. Thank goodness. I always make a New Year's resolution to see more live shows but you know how resolutions go. This year, though, I am hitting the ground running with tickets to 3 awesome shows already in my grubby hands. The other two besides Tift are coming up in the countdown so pay attention! This album has a mainstream production and confidence about it which is usually a problem for me, but her songs are so good and her delivery is so incredible that I easily get over my "indie" disease. Genre defying, generation defying, this one should hit the history books. Maybe the Grammy nomination will help.

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

I must chastise you, but I will make it quick. GetoffyourlazybuttandgoseeTift!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I could sit here and start ranting about things like getting older, demanding day job, married life, etc, etc, etc... But you're right. I need to get off my lazy ass. Luckily, tickets for the Feb 19th show are already in hand so we're definitely catching her this time...

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment