1.05.2005

9 - Justin Rosolino - Wonderlust

Ok, this one is hard for me to place. I consider Justin such a good friend of mine that I have a hard time taking a step back and taking an objective viewpoint towards his music. Every time I listen to it I find myself thinking about Justin the person and his live performances and the joy of performing with him back in college and so on and so on. Part of me just wants to push it up to #1 because I want everyone to hear it. But, I struggled a bit and fit it in where I best could. A very melodic, very creative, very musically dorkish, very entertaining disc. Not mainstream, not indie, not folk, not pop, but a little of each. An amazing singer and even more amazing guitarist, I definitely recommend this one to other musicians. And if you're not a believer after listening to the listed tracks, just wait until you get to "29," the instrumental solo guitar hidden track. Awe inspiring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment