4.02.2004

Donna Summer and Robert Smith's Lovechild Surfaces!

Ok, I give in. I like it. And no, its not because so many critics are telling me I should like it. I really do enjoy listening to this disc... now. Took me a while to get to this point though, I have to admit. I remember the first time I heard "House of Jealous Lovers" (I think it was on Subterranean... or maybe a CMJ Sampler... not sure) I thought to myself "You've got to be kidding... they'll give a record contract to any noisy band with repetitive lyrics, won't they?" But then I kept hearing that song... and kept seeing good reviews of the disc... so naturally I kept giving it a listen to see if I would grow on me. And dagnabbit, would you believe it finally has? Can't help but tap your foot, or maybe even get up and dance (if no one is looking) to those ripping bass riffs. Officially classified as "disco-punk," I'd say that's about as close a description as you could get. Punk screaming and howling over distorted, harsh guitars with a disco beat and electronics. Definitely an interesting listen at the very least, even if I doesn't grow on you the way it did on me. Enjoy! The Rapture - Echoes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment