9.16.2004

Uh-oh... Something's Afoot in the Land of Rhapsody

Call me a sensationalist, or a skeptic, but I think something's afoot in the world of Rhapsody and the RealStore. As all (by all I mean both) of you who read this blog know, I am a music nut who loves Rhapsody and checks the new additions every day. Plus, I get a list of the New Releases every Tuesday and go out to Rhapsody that morning to see which ones they have added. (Yeah, yeah, yeah... I am well aware that I am a nerd.) Well, Rhapsody usually lists anywhere from 10 to several hundred CDs a day in their new additions list. Hardly a day goes by without these adds. Only every once in a long while will they skip a day... and never has it gone two. Well, we're now up to day 7 since Rhapsody (or RealStore, for that matter) has added anything new, with the latest adds coming in on September 9th. I was looking forward to a few releases this week and really took note when not only were the ones I was looking forward to not on Rhapsody, neither were the popular ones I didn't really care about... especially the two new Nelly albums. Then you mix in the news about Yahoo buying MusicMatch yesterday and it makes the whole picture look a little funny. I cannot even guess what might be going on, but Real is either revamping the way and the timing of adding new items to their stores, or they are preparing for something much bigger. Not sure who exactly would buy Real or who they would buy... Perhaps I'm just crazy and Real just hasn't been able to add anything new for a week... but that would be weird for sure... Long live Rhapsody.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that this is reaching people at realRhapsody. I've been trying to use your service. I finally found a song that I've wanted to hear, download and even buy but everything I've done so far has NOT done the job. It's very frustrating. The song: Can You Read My Mind, by Maureen McGovern, from the Superman movie of the late 1970s. Please help. Thank you. Martin Zeitschik.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Well, I am flattered that you think I work for Rhapsody, but I do not. I have no affiliation with them at all. I'm just a user and fan of their service. The question I would have for you is do you have a Rhapsody subscription? That's the best way to use the service. That way you don't have to pay by the track, just by the month.

Chris

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment