6.10.2004

Ok, now this one is good... Long Live Adam Ant

There are many of us who are now rejoicing that we no longer are in the grunge-focused 90s where we had to claim that we hated the 80s and all that silly music. I mean sure, in the mid-90s it was cool to have a "New Wave Hits of the 80s" disc, but we still looked at it as a frivolous time in the progression of popular music. But, over the past year or two there have been bands popping up who are squarely influenced by the decade that was my childhood. And I am not just talking about the hordes of "Strokes"-alikes who obviously have some affinity to the great 80s. Rather, I mean bands like stellastar* (ooo, an asterisk in the name... how 80s... I bet they wear eyeliner too) who would have comfortably fit on the Breakfast Club soundtrack. Well, I think we're just about to be hit with what could be the pinnacle of the 80s revival... these guys are great. Of course, part of my enjoyment is in the reassurance that I wasn't the only person alive and listening to music in the 80s... But this album (or at least what I've heard of it so far) is a great album that has all the melody, energy, and excitement that made the 80s so great. The full album doesn't come out until Tuesday, June 15th but you'll see below that I've posted a Rhapsody playlist for the first US single off the new album. This song is extremely infectious... makes me want to get up and dance around my room like I did when I was a teenager... wait... uh... I mean... uh... I mean I just sat there and listened to it... I didn't dance... no way... not me... ahem... uh... well, Enjoy!

The Killers - Somebody Told Me (Single)

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert Burke said...

Here is a kick butt Rhapsody Playlist site. Hundreds of great playlists like, Classic Soul Essentials, Undiscovered Gems, Songs About Ghosts, Songs For A Football Game, Lullabies From Around The World, Songs Inspired By Literature, 2004 Brit Award Winners, Artists who have committed Suicide, One Hit Wonders, Best Album Covers, #1 by year since 1960 to present! It just goes on and on.

http://www.scopecreep.com/Rhapsody/

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment