4.07.2004

More Jerry, Less Mickey

I've somehow not listened to this band very much even though they put out their first recording 10 years ago and each one since has been critically acclaimed. When it comes to my getting to know a band, critical acclamation can be a good thing but often it has led me to overlooking a band due to the fact that I like to listen to a band before they start getting too much press and the whole thing is blown out of proportion. But, now with Rhapsody it is a much smaller commitment (both monetary and time) to give bands a chance... so I gave this new release a listen and I REALLY like it. Kinda falls into my Neutral Milk Hotel, John Vanderslice, etc. CD bin. Interesting songs, varied moods, raw lyrics... A very well put together album. Give it a listen with an open mind. Enjoy! Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News

0 Comments:

Post a Comment