9.17.2004

Day 8 - No New Music

Here's a little more to add to the story. I cannot get logged into Rhapsody at all today. When I try to log in it says that a server error has caused me to disconnect or it tells me that my UserID and password combination are wrong... which they are not since I have the application remember them and log me in automatically every day. But I've even retyped those to be sure and still no go... strange strange... So then I went over to the RealStore to see if they've added anything there (since RealStore and RealRhapsody tend to add the same items every day) and still no new additions since the 9th. I did get the following response back from RealRhapsody support:

Dear Chris, Thank you for contacting RealNetworks Music Technical Support. Although we are working very hard to provide the world's biggest and best catalog of legally available digital music, some labels and artists simply have not made their music available to us at this time. This means that there is some music that we just can't legally offer. The good news is that we have thousands and thousands of albums already available and we are adding new music to our system every day. Rest assured that we will be working tirelessly to bring you more of your favorite music in the near future. Check back soon to see if the music you are looking for has arrived. If you are interested in suggesting bands, artists, or producers, please email: content@listen.com Thanks for understanding. If you have questions or comments, feel free to contact us at: rhapsody-support@real.com We hope this information helps and if there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know. RealNetworks Music Technical Support
So there are two ways to read this, I think. Either this is just a generic answer (which is what I challenged them on in my response) or Real has hit some sort of snag with the record companies and they are all not permitting Real to add any new music. That's a bit hard to believe, but maybe some of the latest developments has made them all gun shy? I just can't believe it would be ALL of them... I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment