1.05.2005

4 - Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous

I didn't expect this one, for sure. To be honest, I didn't know much about Rilo Kiley before this one came out. And my first impression was "Nice storytelling, tongue-in-cheek" songs but that's about it. But then it started to grow on me and suck me in. I know this sounds strange, but to me they are kinda like the cynical, indie version of Tift Merritt. I say this because somewhere in my brain is a little link between the two albums. Probably partially affected by the proximity of their release dates and the slight country twang at times on this Rilo Kiley album, I think the reason for the link is that Rilo Kiley also varies their sounds and influences from track to track. A wonderful, spunky, emotional, honest album. I love it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment