4.12.2004

Are You the Gatekeeper?

So I was doing my daily perusal of Rhapsody, checking out the new adds and following a few of the related artists links, etc... Well, I was looking at the Indie/Low Fi section and thought I'd check out who they have listed as the "Key Artists" knowing I'd surely know them all... And of course I came across names like Built to Spill, Belle and Sebastian, Pavement, Modest Mouse, Wilco, The Wedding Present (impressive!), Pinback.... uh what... who? Pinback? Who is Pinback? How could I have possibly not heard of a "Key Artist" in one of my favorite genres? Well, intrigued (and slightly annoyed, I must admit) I set out to learn more about them. Turns out that they are a San Diego band that was started in 1998 and who have released a couple of full lengths and a few EPs. After reading their profiles on allmusic.com and checking out some reviews, etc. I'd say I'd be hard-pressed to seriously include them in a Key Artist list of any sort... yet... But even so, I did give them a listen. I've included their two latest EPs in the playlist below. Check them out for a very quiet, subtle yet melodic sound that fits nicely in the indie pop genre... Maybe whoever compiled that Key Artist list is a big fan... or clairvoyant... Pinback - Offcell and Some Voices

0 Comments:

Post a Comment