9.17.2004

Now Nothing's Working

Ok, now I can't even get the RealStore to come up... all I get is a blank page with the word "Visit." Go figure. Perhaps they are having major technical problems or they are making some major changes. If this is a planned outage, I would have hoped that they have some sort of process to notify the dutifully paying customers... A writer at CNet suggested that this may all be signs that they are finally making upgrades to Rhapsody after focussing so hard on their RealPlayer and Harmony technologies. Probably a valid thought, but why would it affect the RealStore too... unless the upgrades include the music delivery engine which I believe is similar in both as RealStore carries the "powered by RealRhapsody" logo. Another thing that I just remembered noticing a while back is that in RealPlayer 10, RPL is listed as a file type it can play. It has been greyed out ever since the release of RealPlayer 10, but I figure its there because someday soon they plan on merging the two applications into one. This would be nice in one regard because then I would have one app for playing all music. But then again, the RealPlayer is a resource hog and slow while the RealRhapsody app is much faster... Ok, just more thoughts... Nice to have a place to put them and not have to bore my friends to death with my ramblings...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment