2.16.2005

Dozing Off in the Men's Room

Readymade - On Point and Red Ok, this one's a few years old but I totally missed its original release. As a matter of fact, I totally missed both of this band's releases. Never heard of them until today. Before today, if someone had put me through a word association test and said "readymade," I would have yelled out "urinal." (Duchamp, anyone?) And if the band had been in earshot, I'd have felt really bad because I don't feel that way about their music at all. As a matter fact, I quite like it. They have a new release that came out Jan 9th, but hasn't been propagated out to the music download services or even to Amazon. Just available on toneVENDOR. So, I'm listening to their previous release which is apparently a good segway into the new one. Some of you may know that I have a thing for shoegazer as well as a thing for dream pop occasionally. Well, Readymade is a mix of the two... It's kinda like My Bloody Valentine mixed with Bedhead. A wonderfully sleepy affair that is just what I was looking for today, sitting in my favorite coffee shop with my headphones on my head and a light breeze on my side. The song "A Blind Tomorrow" is pure joy that sucked me into a perfect daydream in which I am still swimming. Totally my kind of stuff here. Can't wait to hear their new one. Might just have to make a purchase and not wait for it to show up on Rhapsody. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Readymade - On Point and Red

1. A Peacetime Boom That Never Ends
2. Lightstrands
3. Cold Lamping
4. Sam
5. A Blind Tomorrow
6. No Longer Ortona
7. Terminal Sounds at Night
8. The New People
9. Adrift Ambition
10. The Block Alone

11:38 AM  
Blogger mgrooves said...

hey chris -- i'm a huge shoegaze fan as well, and included a few songs by readymade on the playlist i sent you last week. cool that you discovered them, too -- and beat me to the recommendation. :)

did you see we added a comp from the band kitchens of distinction a few weeks ago? also, we have the chapterhouse album whirlpool album available -- you should check that out.

take care~

matt

11:20 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Cool... didn't get a chance to listen to your playlist so it is cool we both noticed them.

I sure hope the new version of Rhapsody will have a "Watch List" for albums that aren't on Rhapsody yet. KOD might have been on mine. I used to love them years and years ago...

So are we going to get Watch List capability? :-)

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment