1.28.2005

Today is Officially ARCADE FIRE Day in the Land O' Worthy

Ok, ok, ok, I know I said I had more discs in my queue to review. Problem is, I can't think about anything else music related today except the fact that I'm going to the Arcade Fire show tonight in Carrboro! Woohoo! I'm so freakin' excited. Their album keeps getting better and better for me with each listen (yes, still in heavy rotation for me 4 months after release... which is a big deal for me). Lately, in preparation for this show, I've been scouring the web for info about their live shows and have come upon some great stuff. I don't think I've ever been this hyped for show, so they'd better be as good as everyone says! For those who want to live vicariously through me (I feel truly sorry for you if you do!), here are some links to the info I've found. First, here is the link to their live performance on Nic Harcourt's "Morning Becomes Eclectic." This is a live in the studio performance that shows just how great a band they are. This set has a new song called "Intervention" that thankfully gives a sense of "there's more where that came from." Always worried when a band starts out this strong that they won't be able to follow it up with anything... Great cover of a Magnetic Fields song too... Secondly, here is a link to a interview and live performance montage for a show called The Turnpike that shows up on the Lawrence.com site. Apparently Lawrence, Kansas is a pretty cool town. I performed there back in the early 90's but pretty much only saw the KU campus... so I guess I missed out. Anyway, while the interview part of this one is pretty hokey (the interviewer is no Nic Harcourt), the live show clips show their incredible energy which I am so looking forward to tonight. Finally, here's a list of links of people talking about the live performances. The first link has MP3's of the live show recorded by a simple clip-on mic. Listen to Rebellion (Lies) for the "Holy Shit" proclamation referred to by the author. The others are reviews of the live shows: Bradley's Almanac Blog Critics Tiny Mix Tapes #1 Tiny Mix Tapes #2 Tiny Mix Tapes #3 I'll post my post-concert thoughts either tomorrow morning or early next week as I am headed to Charleston, SC this weekend to catch the Keane show on Sunday night! Woohoo! More excitement! Enjoy! I know I will!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment