2.07.2005

When Did the World Stop Revolving Around Me?

Mellowdrone - Go Get 'Em Tiger Ok, here's another find from XMU, the new music station on XM Radio which is great. I made a mental note of this band after hearing them play the song "I'm Too Young" a couple of times and really being charmed by its gorgeous melody and harmonies and its overall beauty and peacefullness. So, I went out looking for more of their music. Turns out they don't have a full-length release yet. 4 EPs of which only 2 are still available. Seem to be starting to get some attention so maybe there will be more soon. Who knows? They are not on Rhapsody yet, but on their website you can download all of the two available EPs. Rock on! Of course, with a name like Mellowdrone I expected all their stuff to have the same quiet, slow, beautiful quality of the song I heard on XM. Well, it turns out I was wrong. They are mostly upbeat pop, with occasional electronic embellishments. Not groundbreaking stuff here, but some beautiful soaring melodies wrapped up in solid songwriting. "I'm Too Young" is still the standout for me, appearing on their most recent EP, Go Get 'Em Tiger. There's just something about those harmonies that gets me. Love it. Looks like their latest EP came out in September of 2003, which may have made them a bit more different at the time (pre-Killers, etc). Will be interesting to see what they offer us next, for sure. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment