3.28.2005

One More Day

Glen Phillips - Winter Pays For Summer Ok, the day is almost here. The release date for the long-awaited, highly-anticipated, major label debut for former lead singer of Toad the Wet Sprocket, Glen Phillips. It has been in my player non-stop for the past month and I cannot wait to listen to a first-quality version, rather than the 64 Kbps WMA stream version. It is truly a great album that I hope, hope, hope gets Glen the kind of attention he deserves as a songwriter and performer. Based on my super-secretive, highly-scientific, extremely-complex calculations, the album will be available on Rhapsody tomorrow. I'm estimating sometime between 12pm-2pm EST. I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know ASAP. "Eyes peeled" ... that's gross if you really think about it. In preparation for his new release, I've made a playlist of some Glen classics. It includes the first single from the new album, "Thankful," plus a gorgeous song that was written for him to sing by Sean Watkins of Nickel Creek, "Let It Fall," and a bunch of his Toad the Wet Sprocket stuff. Made sure to include some live tracks from the recently released Toad album, Welcome Home: Live At The Arlington Theatre, Santa Barbara 1992. I hope you enjoy all of this as much as I do: A Case For Greatness Ok, I think that's it. Be sure to check back tomorrow when I will post a link to the album in Rhapsody as soon as it is added. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment