3.23.2005

Ok, Forget That Full Cup, Drink Some Of This!!!!!

Justin Rosolino - Wonderlust Ok, for all (3) of my readers out there who just didn't trust me enough last year when I went on and on and on and on and...well, you get the picture... about this one to go out and buy it yourself, your stubbornness has finally paid off. Damn you. Anyway, I was checking the New Releases listing in Rhapsody today and BAM! there's this fabulous album by my good friend, Justin Rosolino. Yeah, yeah, yeah, biased, biased, biased, blah, blah, blah. Well, now you have no excuse for not listening to this one. Now you can validate or discredit its 9th place finish in my "Most Worthy of 2004" list. And if you discredit it, I don't like you. At all. Stop reading my blog. I hope that all of you will give it at least 3 or 4 listens before drawing your long-term conclusions. It is a subtle album that does not wrestle your affections to the ground. Instead, it does what all great albums do... it slowly, assuredly earns them. While the catchy "Anyone" would fit in on just about any radio format, save the hip-hop/rap stations, it is the album's more delicate moments that are truly powerful... like the slowly building guitars and drums on the heartbreaking "Legacy," or Justin's angelic, breathtaking falsetto chorus on "Believe." Justin is one of the most talented musicians I have ever witnessed. His vocal range is enormous. His guitar skills are approaching godly (if you don't believe me after listening to "29," then you're nuts). His knowledge of music is astounding (who else can pull off something like "Stump Justin" at his shows where the crowd shouts out songs to try to find one that he cannot play). His songwriting skills are strong and strengthening by the day. And he is extremely intelligent, extremely kind, and extremely generous. Ok, enough gushing. Go listen to the album. Several times. See if you get it. If you're having a hard time, turn out the lights, turn up the music, close your eyes, and try again. It's worth it. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment