5.18.2004

Sorry for the hiatus, but I've been speechless

Ok... several posts ago I told you about a friend of mine, Justin Rosolino, who just released his first studio album. At the time, I hadn't actually heard the album, just some clips on his site. Well, since then I have received the CD and given it at least 30-40 listens. I can't seem to wrestle the thing out of my CD player or my mind. It took me several listens to get beyond the fact that he is my good friend who I really want to succeed and thus will give him leniency... When the true beauty and wonder of this album started to sink in, I was hooked. My campaign has moved from "Hey, listen to this good friend of mine... isn't he good" to "You must listen to this album as I am nauseated by the thought of this album going unheard by anyone." I know I'm sounding like Hyperbole Man, but I am serious. I really recommend getting a copy of this one. The clips on the site are cool and will give you an idea of his stuff, but in no way do justice to the beauty of the songs, the complex instrumentation, and the overall impact of his work. The song "Legacy" is among the most beautiful and intense songs I have ever heard. So, get ready for "Another Justin Post" just about every week as I really want people to listen. We have to get the word out about Justin...

Justin Rosolino - Wonderlust

0 Comments:

Post a Comment