1.14.2005

Preparing For Upcoming Releases

I am getting very excited about some upcoming releases. Its always fun this time of year to move beyond the holiday new release lull and check out what's headed towards us in the pipeline. In preparation for some of those releases, I've pulled out some of the previous albums of the performers with new stuff coming soon. Let's all keep our fingers crosses that all the new discs hit Rhapsody on release date!

Doves Upcoming Release: Some Cities Expected Release Date: March 1, 2005 (U.S.) Notes: I love, love, love the Doves. Been looking forward to this one for a long time. In Preparation:
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead Upcoming Release: Worlds Apart Expected Release Date: January 25, 2005 Notes: I've enjoyed the Trail of Dead's previous releases and this one already seems to be polarizing.... which is cool... In Preparation: M83 Upcoming Release: Before the Dawn Heals Us Expected Release Date: January 25, 2005 Notes: Supposedly adds some more organic acoustic sounds into the mix. Love their last release. Check out their website. It's cool as hell. In Preparation:
Glen Phillips Upcoming Release: Winter Pays for Summer Expected Release Date: March 29, 2005 Notes: Been awaiting this one for a long time. Glen is the former lead singer for Toad the Wet Sprocket and one of the truly great songwriters of my generation. He's finally landed a label deal for his solo stuff and will be releasing this one on Lost Highway Records, home to Tift Merritt, Ryan Adams, Willie Nelson, Lyle Lovett, and others. In Preparation: Lemon Jelly Upcoming Release: '64-'95 Expected Release Date: January 25, 2005 Notes: Really enjoyed their last release, but don't really know much about them. Hoping this one has some similar mellow grooves with, of course, a few surprises thrown in to keep it fresh. In Preparation: Ok, that's enough to chew on for now. Certainly plenty more exciting releases coming. I'll post another batch sometime soon. Enjoy!

3 Comments:

Blogger Robert Burke said...

I know you do this website out of the goodness of your own heart. And as a free service we have no right to demand anything, but WE WANT MORE POSTS!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yeah, more posts dammit!!

Oh wait...

To tell you the truth, I'm at a bit of a dry spell when it comes to new stuff on Rhapsody that I want to write about. Just patiently awaiting the new releases to begin flowing again which is coming. Floodgates look like they are going to reopen on Jan 25. I just hope Rhapsody is geared up and ready to go...

5:45 PM  
Blogger covalent bond said...

I just wanted to tell you that your blog is great. I am a big fan of Rhapsody and Rhapsody blogs. Your site has turned me on to some new music. I recently started my own Rhapsody based blog at
http://covalentbond.blogspot.com/ Take a look, you might find some new music on the site.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment