2.23.2005

Hook and Ladder to Heaven

The Fire Theft - The Fire Theft Ok, who added this one to Rhapsody without telling me? I mean, come on people, work with me here... Just kidding, of course. I need to pay someone to sit and scan the music services for the albums I'm waiting on and tell me when they are added. This is one that I waited on for a while into early last year but then finally gave in an purchased the CD... I know, I know... the HORROR! I had just heard the song "Chain" enough times to know that I wanted to 1) listen to the entire album and 2) blast that song in my car with the windows down. Well, luckily the whole album is good and it actually has a song or two better for blasting than "Chain." Fire Theft is, as I am sure many of you know, 3/4 of Sunny Day Real Estate whom many credit with being the originators of true emo. But, don't pigeon-hole this group into just a SDRE reunion as there is a lot more going on here. Vocals here are as large as ever provided by the illustrious Jeremy Engik, but this incarnation has the band channelling much less "emo" and much more classic rock. I even hear some Led Zepplin influence on some of the sweeping instrumentals. But, don't let me scare you away. I'm not a big classic rock fan either. The music is very intense, very huge, very inspiring. And if you're not completely sold by the first few tracks, skip on up to "Heaven" and turn your speakers to 10. One of the best builds in recent music history. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment