2.18.2005

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Ok, I've listened to a lot of stuff lately that has just not inspired me enough to write about it. So, here's a list of things that have recently been added and then subsequently removed from My Library in Rhapsody:

Eisley - Room Noises Boring, boring, boring. What's the point of fluff like this?
...And You Will Know Us By The Trail of Dead - Worlds Apart I think they named the album after the two main opinions on this album. I have some friends who will argue with me on this one, but I am falling on thie "ick" side of the polarized reviews of this album. I think they lost me on the "Hey, fuck you man" followed by children's laughter. Very disappointing.
Blue Merle - Burning In The Sun See folks? THIS is what a Coldplay clone sounds like. (Don't you dare use that assessment of Keane anymore!) When this band doesn't sound like Coldplay, they sound like bad Counting Crows. Makes me queasy.
Erasure - Nightbird It's not bad. I just don't get it. Why come out with a new album like this when it's just as easy to listen to their great 80's stuff that is *exactly* the same. Pretty at times, but generally forgettable.
Annie - Chewing Gum Pitchfork, what are you doing to me here? You've been singing the praises of this woman since sometime last year, even putting her album in your year-end top 100 and giving one of her singles the top single of the year. Are you kidding me? One of her songs just showed up on Rhapsody so I could finally give her a listen... and I'm starting to think she must be sleeping with one of the Pitchfork writers or something...
Ok, that's enough for now. There have certainly been more things I've listen to and not liked, but I need to get back to listening to the good stuff now. Maybe I'll do this again someday soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robert Burke said...

Hey Chris I agree with you all of these except "...Trail of Dead"
Although I would have to admit it has it's boring spots. I think its a pretty adventurous record. Not really like anything I have heard.
However, I don't think it will be something I will be going back too for years to come. I guess time will tell.

I have also been listening to "Black Mountain" and am up in the air on it. Have you checked out this one?
Black Mountain

10:24 PM  

Post a Comment