3.28.2005

Busy Man

Glen Phillips - Winter Pays For Summer Just a quick post here with another Glen Phillips playlist. This time, I've included all the collaborations I could find on Rhapsody. He's had quite a bit more than this list implies, but many are not on Rhapsody... such as flapping Flapping, Cory Sipper, Headless Household, Kenny Loggins (yes, Kenny Loggins), among others. Some of these are obvious, like all the Sean Watkins collaborations, but other's are quite bizarre, especially the backing vocals on The Atari's single, "The Saddest Song." Some are easy to pick out, like the Mutual Admiration Society for which Glen provided lead vocals (I only provided two of their tracks rather than the whole album), but others are faint, like both the Matt Nathanson tracks. Glen Phillips Collaborations Glen helps out other's collaboration lists on his new album out tomorrow. Appearing on it are Ben Folds, Andy Sturmer (Jellyfish), Dan Wilson (Trip Shakespeare/Semisonic), Jon Brion, Kristin Mooney, Pete Thomas (Squeeze/Elvis Costello and the Attractions). Enjoy!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

I knew there was a reason I liked Matt Nathanson so much. BTW, I've only heard the two tracks you recommended so far from WPFS, but I dig "Released" a lot.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Me too. Those are two of the more mellow tracks on the album.
"Released" was co-penned by Semisonic's Dan Wilson. I think my
current favorite is "Cleareyed" so if you're looking for the next
track to digest, go for that one.... but I really recommend just
listening to the whole thing ;-)

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment