5.21.2004

Creed rulez dude... yeah, rock on...

Ok, I am posting this one a bit late, but I have been enjoying it so much that I had to make sure and get something up here about it. It was released last September, but didn't hit Rhapsody until a month or so ago. It was one of those discs I was always tempted to buy but kept checking Rhapsody in the hopes it would show up so I could give it a listen. Well, all of my skepticism was quickly forgotten as I was won over by this disc very quickly. I did some reading up on the Wrens and it turns out they are yet another band who has had their run-ins with the music business. They were apparently supposed to be the next-big-thing back in the mid-90s but when they wouldn't immediately sign a big new contract with their big label, that label dumped them and dumped all promotion for their new disc... The story goes that after that the executive said that he was going to make the next band who walked through the door the next-big-thing and the next band was Creed. Can I hear a collective "Hallelujah" that the Wrens stuck to their guns and didn't become that "next big thing" because there is no comparison between the beautiful, emotional, gritty music of the Wrens and the cheesy, one dimensional, weak pop/rock of Creed. Definitely give this one a listen. The song "She Sends Kisses" is fantastic and has one of the best slow builds since Weezer's "Only in Dreams." Enjoy!

The Wrens - The Meadowlands

0 Comments:

Post a Comment