5.20.2004

I-Love-Hyphens-Don't-You?

Another "the" band, but this one's from the UK so that's one thing they've got going for them. The other is their sounds-and-writes-like-he's-30-something-but-really-is-only-19 lead singer. I had already listened to this album by the time I heard the lead singer is 12--yes 12--years younger than me. I think I even read their ages in the article a few times over to make sure I was reading it correctly because I had no idea listening to this guy sing. In fact, the whole band is quite amazing for their ages as the execution on this album is brave and confident. They display full mastery of the lush British sound while adding in their own nuances of grit and intensity. I especially love the opener "The Wild Son." Perhaps one of the best album openers I've heard in a while... (along with St. Francis, of course!) Enjoy!

The Veils - The Runaway Found

0 Comments:

Post a Comment