5.25.2004

We interrupt this broadcast for a special less-indie announcement...

Yes, for you skip-aheaders who read the end of my posts before the beginning (is that just one of you? or both? or perhaps neither?), I have posted Rhapsody Links to a sampler of Bobby McFerrin tunes. And yes, "Don't Worry, Be Happy" is one of those tunes (because what Bobby McFerrin sampler is complete without it?). No, I haven't lost my mind and don't be concerned, I'm still as cool as ever... Ok, well maybe I'm not. You see, I was asked yesterday to sing backup for Mr. McFerrin at his show with the NC Symphony. He apparently requested the Symphony provide 20 or so singers to back him up during an a cappella, *improv* (oh crap!) set. The conductor of the NC Master Chorale (for which I sing) asked if I'd be interested in being one of those 20+ and of course I said yes as I am not one to turn down a singing gig... Details are forthcoming so I don't know much yet. All I know is that music will not be provided and we are going to have one rehearsal the afternoon before the concert that evening. So, really this sounds like its going to be quite a challenge. I just hope he doesn't make us sing "Don't Worry..." I might have to shoot myself. Actually, in all honesty, I am really excited. Its not often I get to sing with such an accomplished professional. And as far as talent goes, there are few who compete on his level musically. Not only is he an astounding vocalist, but he is also a successful conductor and continues to push the limits of music, rather than just penning/singing another silly hit. For any of you in the Raleigh area, here are the details: Bobby McFerrin NC Symphony Summerfest Saturday, June 5 - 7:30pm Regency Park Amphitheatre, Cary NC Click here for more info and tickets or you can click here if you'd rather use the monopolistic Ticketmaster

Bobby McFerrin-Rhapsody Sampler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment