5.28.2004

Which is worse, Bus-hair or Bedhead?

So, I have been a bit disappointed in the new additions to Rhapsody lately... or maybe I've just been disappointed in the apparent small dry spell in brand new discs I am interested in... Whatever the case, this is the time when I go back through my Rhapsody library and listen to the stuff I've added but haven't really given a good listen. The album I am posting today is relatively new... or actually it is very new as I just checked Amazon and it was just released May 18th. I'm definitely working too much as my weeks are turning into months and my months into years and so on and so on... Anyway, I can't quite remember how I came upon this disc as I hadn't heard of them before even though this is their third release. Allmusic.com has them listed as Alternative Country while Rhapsody has them as Indie, Low-Fi and I'd say they fall somewhere in between. Only country in their occasional use of slides on their guitars or the slight twang every now and then. Mostly, I'd call them a mix of the melancholy mood and swirling minimalistic guitars of Bedhead and the present vocals of the Church. I've only listened to it a few times and its definitely growing on me with each listen... which is my favorite kind of disc. Enjoy! (a bit heavy on the ellipses today... don't you think?)

Pleasant Grove - The Art of Leaving

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a test of the anonymous posting thing

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment