1.18.2005

Water... water... water... water...

Woohoo! I finally found something I want to write about! Man, this dry spell is killing me. I'm starting to feel like a junkie desperate for my next hit... Anyway, for those of you following along, you'll remember that I bought my wonderful wife an XM receiver and subscription for Christmas since she spends so much time in her car. I totally expected to hate it but have been *totally* proven wrong. I love it. Their music selection is amazing and they actually have a "new music" station that really does play only new music and even introduces me to new stuff. If only Rhapsody's radio was anywhere near as good as that... sigh... Well, anyway, the new music station (XMU) has played a few tracks from this band and I really like them! I was pleasantly surprised to find them on Rhapsody. Turns out their first LP came out in the UK on a homegrown label last March. Warner Bros. has since picked them up in some capacity and released an EP, their first release of any sort over here. Not sure if and when their debut LP will be released over here. They fall loosely into the whole indie/post-grunge world, but their songs are loose and infectious. "Baby Boom" is fantastic, inspiring, beautiful, soaring while still rough edged and unsure. I love it. Good thing I didn't do a "Best Songs of 2004" countdown for I'd surely have to be rearranging things now. (And luckily this is just an EP so I don't have to rearrange my Best Albums of 2004 list). Hope you fall in love with this music like I have. Enjoy!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

The Crimea - Lottery Winners On Acid
Album Tracks:
1. White Russian Galaxy
2. Lottery Winners On Acid
3. Baby Boom
4. Bombay Sapphire Coma
5. Opposite Ends

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment