12.10.2004

My Heart Has Strings, Here's How You Pull Them

I got to thinking tonight about how I do sometimes enjoy the plethora of "fun" bands who are out there now... You know, the barrage of 80's retro bands who are rebelling against all the seriousness of Radiohead, et al. But, when it gets down to it, that's just not the music that sticks with me. I just love that feeling when a song pulls at my insides, and I've found it can be lyrically driven at times, other times musically driven, and sometimes a mixture of the two. So, I did a quick comb through My Library in Rhapsody and made a playlist of the songs that do this to me. I didn't really throw them into any specific order, just basically did first glance adds of those songs mostly from recent years that move me. Its a long playlist which I am sure I could never make it through in one sitting without needing a break, both mentally and emotionally. Unfortunately, there are bunches of other songs from recent years that move me immensely that just haven't made it into Rhapsody yet... but this list is a pretty good chunk. I recommend putting it on Shuffle and turning out the lights. Oh, but let it start playing the first song before you press the shuffle button. Its a good one to set the mood. Enjoy!

My Heart Has Strings, Here's How You Pull Them

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

"Let It Fall" - Sean Watkins
"Remember My Markings" - James William Hindle
"She Sends Kisses" - The Wrens
"Thule" - The Album Leaf
"Pounding" - Doves
"Black Dollar Bills" - Hope Of The States
"O Pastor" - Madredeus
"Heaven adores You" - Earlimart
"Cannonball (Radio Remix)" - Damien Rice
"24 Turned 25" - Denison Witmer
"Demons" - Guster
"Fugitive Motel" - Elbow
"Angeldust (Please Come Down)" - Jump, Little Children
"Red Colored Stars" - Ours
"Numbness For Sound" - Howie Day
"The Shining" - Badly Drawn Boy
"In My Place" - Coldplay
"Last Goodbye" - Jeff Buckley
"7 September 2003" - The Elected
"Bend and Break" - Keane
"For Your Sake" - Ken Stringfellow
"Writing To Reach You" - Travis
"Everything's Perfect" - Magnet
"Warning Bells" - Rubyhorse
"The Lighthouse's Tale" - Nickel Creek
"What May Be The Oldest" - Seafood
"Latter Days" - Over the Rhine
"Something Pretty" - Patrick Park
"Pull" - Richard Buckner
"So Alive" - Ryan Adams
"(vaka)" - Sigur Ros
"Lola Stars and Stripes" - The Stills
"Hell Bent" - Kenna
"Butterflies And Hurricanes" - Muse (UK)
"Ave Maria, op.37 No.6" - Sergei Rachmaninov
"Missa O magnum mysterium - O magnum mysterium" - Tomas Luis de Victoria
"My Grey Life (Second Chances)" - Dolorean
"Pamphleteer" - The Weakerthans
"The Leavers Dance" - The Veils
"All She Said" - Toad the Wet Sprocket
"Fool On The Hill / Nature Boy" - Peter Cincotti
"Human Nature" - David Mead
"Wanderlust" - Delays
"She's A Thief (LP Version)" - Owen
"Only In Dreams" - Weezer
"Don't I Hold You" - Wheat
"Bent" - Matt Nathanson
"Shelter" - Ray Lamontagne
"Thanksgiving" - George Winston

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment